Video Ads Basics
Welcome to our Video Ads Basic Training. In this section, we will talk about: What Video Ads are all about. Why you should use Video Ads for your Business and what types of Video Ads are available nowadays.
We hope you enjoy and get the most out of this training.
What Video Ads Are All About
In today’s fast changing technological world, technology has opened up some possibilities to all of us. Even in the marketing world, there are new ways to embrace new media such as video.
So what is marketing and video marketing, and how it can impact your business? Marketing is the process of promoting a brand, products or services over the internet or in the public, either by using digital or affiliate means. Its broad scope includes video marketing.
What is Video Marketing?
Video marketing covers a lot of things. From television to tweets, videos are used to promote businesses and brands. Marketers all over the world have recognized the effectiveness of video, and now there are countless ways to use video to attract prospects and convert them into customers.
Video marketing can be defined in digital marketing strategy context as all uses of a video’s content to promote a brand, product, or service. Video marketing is also a means to include video into one’s marketing efforts to promote an offer. This can be done using a full motion video, or a screen capture video.
Why Should You Use Video for Marketing?
Video marketing is the most powerful digital marketing tool available. Video marketing is effective and it is an informative means of communication. Below are all the reasons why it belongs in the best marketing plans:
- Improves SEO rankings: Today both, Google and Bing, include video in their search results. Video marketing has become more valuable to both small and large businesses across the country. Videos uploaded to YouTube have even a greater chance of getting found by prospective customers. This should not come as a surprise since Google owns YouTube and YouTube is the second largest search engine on the web, right behind Google. This means that your video receive quality backlinks. These quality backlinks significantly improve your search engine rankings.
- It is persuasive: The reason video is more persuasive than other types of content, is that the human brain requires emotional input to make decisions. No technology is better at conveying emotion than video. Studies show than more than 80% say are more likely to buy a product after watching a video about it. The reasons why video marketing is so persuasive, are:
- Video compensates somewhat for the asynchronous problem.
- Video can convey emotional info, not just factual.
- Video testimonials combine all the powerful elements together
- Connect with your audience: Video has a distinct advantage over text because video help your potential customers to get to know you more easily than reading text. Video allows people to connect with you because they see your face. They hear your voice and they see your personality. It is just a basic fact that emotions are better communicated through video than they could ever through text. It is just human nature that people want to see behind your name and logo and with whom they are really dealing. They want to see the heart of who they are dealing with and video marketing allows this like no other medium. Video help customers feel like they know you, even before they have met you.
- It improves email marketing campaigns: Email marketing remains one of the most effective marketing tactics available. Marketers consistently rank email as having a higher return of investment than any other marketing strategy, followed closely by SEO. What if you could double or triple the effectivness fo your email marketing efforts. That is what video does. It increases email click through rate by 200% to 300%, ensuring that your email campaigns get the highest possible ROI.
- Attract more new visitors: Video marketing has been proven to attract a lot of new customers, both to your site and your social network pages with the added benefit of improving your online branding efforts. Today, there is no shortage of video sites to upload videos to. Like YouTube, Daily Motion, Vimeo and so many more. The best thing about all of this, is that it is free to share your videos on most of these sites. The more places you upload your video, the more opportunities there are for people to find them and view them. One of the best things about social media and video marketing is that it increases the chance of your videos getting shared by friends and family to new prospects quickly and easily. This increases the chances of your videos going viral.
What Are Video Ads?
Presently, what “video advertising” is depends on who you ask. This ambiguity possesses a negative effect in the whole ecosystem. Mass media pundits, reporters, and many companies; particularly networks entrenched in the display claim video advertising is any digital ad that contains video, including in-banner and in-text ads.
A video ad is a commercial or public video that plays on a website for marketing purposes or information purposes. A video ad is jut like a television commercial, except it’s on a website instead of on a TV and users choose to watch it to learn more about a business, its product or service.
Video Ads Pros
- Delivery Speed
- Grabs Attention
- Worldwide Reach
Video Ads Cons
- Ad Skipping
- Improper Placement
- Timing & Scheduling