Bing Ads Basics
Welcome to our Bing Ads Basic Training. In this section, we’ll talk about: What’s Bing Ads and why use it for your business? What are Bing Ads All about? What advertising goals does Bing actually offer for your business?
We hope you enjoy and get the most out of this training.
What’s Bing and Why Use It for Your Business?
What is Bing?
Bing is nothing more than Microsoft’s proprietary search engine. It was formerly known as the “windows live search” service, and later as the “live search” engine. It has been integrated into windows services since the MSN days, so it is more than likely that you have used it at some point.
Bing is a search engine just like Google. Despite not being as popular as the latter, it still accounts for more than 20% of web searches currently made in the US. It is integrated into Windows operating systems, and offers a number of attractive features including:
- Advanced multimedia searches
- Sub links on search result URLs
- Mathematical calculations, rate conversions and computational calculations can be made on the Bing platform, directly from the Bing search bar
- Integration with the Oxford dictionary to make finding definitions easier
The Bing search engine also allows users to scour the web for images, videos and news, while also giving them access to Windows tools such as “Office” and “Outlook”.
Bing Ads Benefits for Businesses
The Bing search engine has quite a good list of benefits for business, especially when it comes to helping businesses acquire a wider reach on the internet which makes their products, apps and services easier to find.
Don’t limit yourself to Google if you also want to:
- Get more web based traffic. Send your business’ website to the Bing search engine to get more visibility, more leads and more sales.
- Give more detailed data about your business to your potential clients through all types of devices.
- Reach that 30% of people that don’t use Google as their search engine of choice
- It offers a very robust advertising platform that will further help you and your business reach that elusive 30% of consumers.
Bing Shocking Facts
- Some studies have been made to compare how Bing and Google measure against each other and have found that Bing gives better and more specific results for the majority of search queries used in these studies (source)
- It is said that the feature that launched Bing to stardom was its daily changing background, which showcases a photograph of landmark landscapes and buildings around the world (source)
- The Bing search engine indexes over 2 billion Facebook updates and half a billion tweets on a daily basis (source)
- The Bing search engine powers the Yahoo! search engine, which means that when you use Yahoo’s engine, you are basically using Bing
- Bing incorporates Facebook data in its algorithm as a source of social media input (source)